Produplicator M-Disc Support CD/DVD Duplicator
- Keep your data over 1000 years with M-Disc.
- The Produplicator M-Disc Ready duplicators can carve grooves onto the rock-like surface of M-Disc for date security and longevity that has never existed before. Standard DVD s can suffer a decrease in quality overtime, where M-Disc promises superior quality for years to come.
The M-disc – A Permanent Storage Solution
You might feel like you’re making a “permanent” backup of your files when you copy them onto a DVD or backup to a computer hard-drive, but the truth is these devices suffer from natural decay and degradation. Current DVD technology uses organic dyes and low laser power to make marks on the data layer of a standard recordable DVD. Over time, these marks become unreadable because organic dyes degrade when exposed to minimal levels of light, heat, and humidity. This means all the data you thought was safely stored could be lost because the discs you used have an average lifespan of only about 3 to 5 years! Why would you risk your data based on an average; hundreds of discs taken into account in that average were corrupt and unreadable after only a few months. With Millenniata, we don’t subject you to the possibility of losing your data. When we say write once and read forever, we mean it.
The M-disc – Testimonial
How does the M-DISC compare to other DVD sand optical discs?
Millenniata utilizes chemically stable and heat-resistant materials that are not used in any other DVD or optical disc! These materials cannot be overwritten, erased, or corrupted by natural processes. The normal laser energy employed to write DVDs or CDs cannot successfully write to the patented inorganic and synthetic materials used in the M-DISC
Data is stored on the M-DISC by physically altering the recording layer and creating permanent voids or holes. DVDs and other optical discs use organic dyes that break down over time, resulting in corrupt and unreadable data. These organic dyes are highly susceptible to temperature, humidity and even sunlight, starting to fade and decay the moment you record data.
Millenniata’s recording process utilizes higher temperatures and as much as 5 times more energy than any ordinary optical disc. This allows for permanent engraving on the M-DISC, what we refer to as pits. These pits are not affected by temperature, humidity and sunlight the same way dyes are, because the pits are permanent. This means when you burn data onto the M-DISC, it will last as long as you need it to.
How do we know?
The Naval Air Warfare Center at China Lake tested the M-DISC against the best conventional archival discs on the market produced by Mitsubishi, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Delkin and MAM-A. The conditions were based on the 85°C/85% relative humidity industry test standard, supplemented with full-spectrum sunlight. The Navy’s goal was to simulate conditions at sea or in combat, which experience has shown to be a disc killer. The conclusion? The M-DISC suffered no data degradation at all while discs from Mitsubishi, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Delkin and MAM-A failed after the stress period.
The Naval Air Warfare Center at China Lake has published these conclusions in the study, “Accelerated Life Cycle Comparison of Millenniata Archival DVD.” Conventional optical discs subjected to the same level of testing failed within 2 days while the M-DISC was not affected.Features:
- Standalone tower type duplicator, NO software or computer required
- User-friendly LCD display interface
- Automatic copy verify, compare, and prescan functions
- Automatic CD and DVD format detection
- Collect and edit track(s) from different discs to compile a mix CD
- Upgradeable firmware via upgrade CD for future drive technology and update
- Built for continuous burning, NO cool down time required.
- Burns multiple discs simultaneously at once.
- Easily organized and help airflow inside the case.
- SATA uses lower power requirement compared to PATA.
- Faster transfer rate compared to IDE.
- High Performance Power Supply.
- Built to endure long-time operation.
- Optional High-Speed USB 2.0 connection: When connected to a computer using the external connection, one of the optical burner drives on the duplicator becomes activated as an external burner.
- Optional SMART USB 2.0 connection: When connected to a computer using this external connection, the built-in hard drive on the duplicator interacts directly with your computer. (This option also requires purchase of built-in HDD and is NOT MAC compatible)
A groundbreaking optical disc technology that will last for more than a thousand years, M-DISC duplicators and media provide an innovative way to write data once and read forever. Unlike ordinary discs that use organic dyes to keep data, M-DISC utilizes stable and heat-resistant chemical materials where information cannot be overwritten, erased, or corrupted by natural deterioration. Regular CD and DVD lasers cannot successfully etch information to the patented inorganic and synthetic materials used with M-DISC.
The M-DISC duplicator is designed to copy onto M-DISC blank media along with standard CD and DVD blank media. Additionally, the top-quality M-DISC system eliminates common problems caused by previous drive/disc interactions. Performance is enhanced when the M-DISC duplicator etches data onto M-DISC media extremely sharp and clear to enable current CD and DVD players to read the finished discs without a problem.
Etching the rock-hard data layer encased in the M-DISC requires more power than what's found in a typical optical disc drive. The combination of an optimized laser and optical system with unique, control algorithms in the M-DISC duplicator allows rigorous performance-driven digital data etching into "stone".
While the M-DISC duplicator probably won't last as long as the well-preserved data on the M-DISC media, the durable build of the M-DISC duplicator should still outlast most other optical disc drives and duplicators. With an Anti-Dust design, the chassis insulation aids in the protection of the drive's internal components from dust and small particles that can hinder the drive's operability and lifespan.
Preserving data for the ages should not be a difficult task, and the M-DISC duplicator reflects that philosophy. An easy-to-use LCD display controller interface and standalone operation means no computer or software is required to operate by any type of level user.
|Writer Target||24X SATA M-DISC Drive|
|Maximum Write Speed on M-DISC DVD||DVD±R: 4x|
|Maximum Write Speed on Regular Disc||DVD±R: 24x
DVD±R DL: 12x
|Maximum Read Speed on Regular Disc||DVD±R: 16x
DVD±R DL: 12x
DVD +R (DL)
CD-R and CD-RW with 80mm and 120mm
|Power||AC 110/230V (50/60 Hz)|
This machine does not burn any copy protected DVDs or CDs
3 Years Labor & 1 Year Parts Warranty